Friday 22 July 2011

With what was your experience of nursing of your premature/NICU-Babys?

With what was your experience of nursing of your premature/NICU-Babys?

I am pregnant with twins 12 weeks presently. My doctor expects, thereß she/it early will arrive, so very much with it, that it will rearrange my blood, that dilutes with 33-34 weeks of medication. I weiß, that they could not come, * this * early, but they want that I am ready from it that shows on it.

IchIch surprised me how prematurity could influence und/oder a possible stay with the NICU my plans to nurse.

If you had your baby early with 33-39 weeks, how did your baby for nursing warm to? Mußte Ihr child in the NICU remains? Für like long? You were fähig, to work as a nurse and to uphold your supply, until they came home?

Any tops, in order to do the working of a success as a nurse, if they come early?

through aimee_id

Best answer chosen by Asker

I nurse given my twins, so that I will make my best, about this become one to tap at the moment. My Mad little were born with 36 weeks. One was fähig, to remain with me and the other, exactly her/its/their glucose, that had an accident, was confessed the NICU during our first night. I spent the nächsten two days with it, between my room and NICU, that nurses each baby, to go. We were fähig that comes back the day, after I had been acquitted, to take about her/it/them she/it was there 3 days. We mußten first supplement in order to uphold her/its/their glucose levels because of her/its/their prematurity but they were nursed strictly, because we were at home, and they nurse big and growing right to track.
Asker \'s Rating:
Asker \'s Comment:
Thank for sharing your positive experience, that therefore encourages to me. Thanks to für Eva also then this, KL tilts.
Save to! ! RSS

Other Answers (3)



from Eva Find a local LLL-Kapitel and a beginning, that go to meetings early. You/they probably becomes be many others finden\'d f in the same situation, and she/it,ähig, nursing, to recommend a "mommy of the twins" also from Hilfsgruppe.

As far as NICU, this going feeds, pump pumps pump. Every 1-2 hours doubles at least für 15 minutes pump. You/they können either from bag or through your insurance company through your hospital or a medical supply company, a professional degree pump rents, telephone call to finding from, OR gets from WIC one if you qualify for it. Sie\'ll füttert the babies your pumped milk through a NG-Rohr if necessary. Maybe you/they need human Milchstärkungsmittel, you are surprised not if this is the case.

Prohibit bottles below all circumstances. If itself the Babys-Bedürfnis and aren nourished, \'t on a NG-Rohr, but yet won\'t then work as a nurse, you use a finger provider, spoon providers or big shot, without the needle of course, Preemies is für nipple confusion especially susceptible, to therefore avoid bottles as it, yearns as possible, is ideal. Fingerfütterung is the best, in my opinion and my experience,:



through k9copsgr... OK, my twins were born with 33 weeks, Notfall-c-Sek, below general anesthesia, I was robbed by the whole birth experience!), but they were in NICU für a while, one got out the other befor from approximately 3 weeks. As soon as I could hold her/it/them, I did Känguruhsorge with them, stationary against my skin, but could not yet nurse, as they were fed by a NG-Rohr (tube in her/its/their nose). as soon as they were in the step defeat unit, I could start, me to Brustfütterung, to trouble, and with a LC works, several indeed never understood her/it/them it, and flat nipples have plus me so that my babies simply never snapped. THEREFORE, I had an election, formula or pump. So, I pump. His/its extra hard work, and I have to suppliment with formula, but at least I give breast milk. I pumped the whole time if they were in NICU, so that she/it colostrum and milk could have through the NG-Rohr.

by mommy of the twins, my boys were born 6 weeks early and were remained 3 weeks long in the NICU. I, that am pumped every 3 hours, round the clock, w,ährend was she/it there and tried each boy at least to breast feed once per day.

I believe that the most important matter should be been flexibly. As soon as my boys came home, they were on mündlichen medications 7x/day. that meds mußte are mixed in with milk, therefore I had to continue pumping as soon as they came home. I didn\'t has während the day\'s every help, you therefore then fill feeding, then breast feeding, pumping, that is put out to be too much for me.

My boys now are 9 months old and while we really never brought a chance to breast feed, they are exclusive, bottle fed breast milk.

It is difficult and takes an enormous quantity of support of my hubby, but we bring it to working.

No comments:

Post a Comment